Tuesday 3 January 2012

MOVING ON.....


As dusk began to set in, on a cold winter afternoon,
It brought with itself-MEMORIES, long lost yet stored in time's depth..
Of the gentle caress on my stubbled face,
Of promises that were meant to be kept..
The chill, the shiver, that were once so dear,
Now stabbed me deep-their intentions CLEAR...
The birds made their way back to their homes, so bright the colours they wore,
And here I was,sitting alone-CREATURE COMFORTS not enough for me anymore..

Memories once cherished had now returned to make me weak,
I had to be strong but the chances were bleak..
"MOVE ON",was the chorus from many a friend and foe,
But my heart never complied and thoughts plundered my mind,oscillating to and fro...
Years of compromise,of endless efforts had bore no fruit,
But yes,the pillar of HONESTY stood tall,shining in the light of truth..

When I was lonely a few stood by,
Very dear they were, people on whom I could rely..
COMMITMENT-a word so heavy had lost its price,
The relationship that was meant to last, did have a sudden demise...

The sun had set, the hopes that gone,
But the new DAWN was not far away-YES I WAS MOVING ON......


11 comments:

  1. excellent...a perfect blend of emotions nd a thirst to "MOVE ON..."

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reply:

    Sometimes we walk, sometimes we stand,
    sometimes we fly and sometimes we land.
    sometimes we smile, sometimes we cry,
    And sometimes in life we have to say Good-bye.

    Sometimes we hope, sometimes we believe.
    Sometimes in the present we want to relive
    Some times of the past, meant to be forever,
    Sometime we lose, still act to be clever.

    Sometimes we pretend, sometimes we can not,
    As we try to forget the pains life has brought.
    Sometimes we feel we are really all alone,
    Sometimes these happen after the good days are gone.

    Sometimes we need the spirit to live again,
    Sometimes we should fall free like the rain.
    Sometimes we have to stop our cries,
    And tell our heart, that the pains are all lies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Life moves on, whether we act as cowards or heroes. Life has no other discipline to impose, if we would but realize it, than to accept life unquestioningly

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely..was not aware of this hidden talent of urs...u should write more often...keep it up...

    ReplyDelete
  6. a beautiful poem.... keep writing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. truely awsm... spcly d last 2 stanzas...

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautifully expressed :) kip up d good work..

    ReplyDelete
  9. I felt I read sth abt my experience... It was so deeply influencing

    ReplyDelete